Love That Tune!
Welcome to Love That Tune!
Monday 10 November 2008
Obamarketing - Ltd Ed Shepard Fairey Prints Say Obama is Progress
Shepard Fairey’s subversive ‘Obey’ graphics are powerful because of their vague (obey whom?) but clearly political overtones (he’s depicted Stalin, Mao and even Bush). Now he has turned his attentions to Barak Obama, and the man he believes stands for progress and hope. The results have been amazing--the first run of limited edition prints sold out in 15 minutes and now he is looking at expanding his pro-Obama efforts.

"I just thought now was the time for me to stick my neck out and root for someone who I think has the potential to be awesome. Hopefully he won't disappoint me, but when I look at the rest of the field, in my eyes he stands way above any one else. That said, while I'd like people to get behind Barack, I also made a poster in the same color scheme that just says "Vote!" Even the way I worded the announcement on my site, I just pointed out why I support him and then encouraged people to check him out for themselves. I don't want to tell people to vote for Barack because I say so. Even if you like my art and think it's a cool poster, don't vote for Barack unless you think he's the right guy." (creativity-online)

Labels: ,

posted by Bear @ 15:54  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Shoutbox

Welcome to Love That Tune! Put a Donk! on it! If you're a producer/DJ and you want us to post your tune or mix on the site then please send us an email.

If you're an artist that is featured and you want your tune taken down then please get in contact. Please comment, we like to hear your thoughts ... most of them anyway!

bear@lovethattune.com

trick@lovethattune.com

About Me

Name: Bear
Home: London, United Kingdom
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Favourite Links and Vids
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER